Weddings and Other


Congratulations! The First Unitarian Society is glad to assist couples who are planning a wedding and are interested in our facilities.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Who Can Officiate?
Couples can use our minister, Rev. Ann Marie Alderman or choose their own officiant. Rev. Ann Marie is accustomed to performing interfaith wedding celebrations alongside clergy of other faiths.

What Type of Service Can We Have?
The officiant generally meets with the couple to discuss and plan the service. Rev. Ann Marie gives couples flexibility to plan a service that is personally meaningful to them. She can provide suggestions for readings or vows or the couple can choose their on.

Can You Help us with Music?
Couples may make their own arrangements for music at their service. The Society has a Steinway grand piano, a pipe organ and a sound system for recorded music.

Are there Outdoor Spaces to take pictures?
Yes. The Society has a small private garden where lovely wedding pictures have been taken.

Can we have the reception at FUSP?
Yes. Wedding receptions, both formal and informal, are often held in the Parish Hall. We have a professional kitchen and you are free to hire a caterer of your choice.

How Do We Get Started?
We encourage you to visit the First Unitarian Society before making a reservation. Contact the Administrator’s Office to inquire about fees, availability of the Sanctuary and minister availability. (908) 756-0750 or email at Office hours are 10-2:30 pm
Monday through Friday.